Monday, July 20, 2015

Vino and ColourArte Challenge by Barb


I was so thrilled when Gina's Designs came out with the Wine Shape Set! I was waiting for a visit from my family and knew that we'd be going to a couple of wineries while they were here. And we did! So, I didn't have to dig deep at all for inspiration for this piece.

I had also recently received some of ColourArte's Silk Acrylics and Twinkling H2Os, and they paired with Gina's Designs; like... wine and cheese.

For the background of this piece I began with a 9 x 12" canvas on which I slathered blue, green and purple acrylic paints and some of the Silk Acrylics. I got one of my Twinkling H2Os good and soppy, dipped a wet brush in it, and then flung the color onto the canvas. I followed up with a french script stamp using StazOn Claret.

For the bottles, I painted them (and all the other pieces) first with gesso. Once the gesso was dry I painted on Silk Acrylics Olive Vine. I love the way they shimmer when the light hits them!

For the glasses, I used Silk Acrylics Iridescent Blue. I free-handed some wine in the glasses using Sharpie Markers. Then I gave both glasses a coat of Judkins Diamond Glaze to make them look like glass.


For the grape vines, I colored in the vines with a brown Sharpie, the leaves with a Distress marker, and the grapes with a combination of StazOn colors. Then I smooshed Distress Stickles around on the leaves. To give the grapes a little more depth, I dotted on StazOn Studio Glaze and Stickles.

I glued everything where I wanted it and have a piece that will find a happy home hanging over someone's wine bar. Plus, I got to revisit a couple of wonderful days wandering the countryside and trying some delicious wines.

Gina's Designs Products Used


ColourArte Products Used
Silk Acrylics
Twinkling H2Os


Other Products Used
StazOn Inks
Acrylic Paints
Distress Ink
Sharpies
Stickles
Gesso

French Script Stamp by Artistic Outpost

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous canvas, Barb. This will be awesome having over the wine cabinet, and just think, your inspiration was fun, too! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...