Monday, July 27, 2015

Christmas in July with Barb

I'm not usually a Christmas-in-July person. I have plenty to do already without panicking over a holiday that's months away - even though I know that by July, I'm already behind on my holiday projects. However, when I saw the Tudor Rose Singles from Gina's Designs, I immediately thought, "Ornaments!" And, I couldn't wait to play.
These were so simple to do. I began by coating each one in a layer of Gesso. 

For the white one, I used white craft ink and then spritzed on some irRESISTibles in Bridal White. I sprinkled on a little bit of blue glitter while everything was still wet. When it had dried, I glued on the rhinestones.

The red one was even easier to do. I coated it with Versamark and then used a glittery red embossing powder which I heat set for a shiny, sparkly finish. I simply added some dots of Liquid Pearls to embellish it.

For the gold ornament, I slathered it in gold StazOn Studio Glaze. While it was still wet, I sprayed it with gold irRESISTibles. Once it had completely dried, I glued on the blue rhinestones.


It was so nice to take a little break from the summer heat and enjoy a little bit of Christmas!

Gina's Designs Product Used

Other Products Used
Gesso
Rhinestones
StazOn Studio Glaze
irRESISTibles
Embossing powder
Craft Ink
Glitter
Versamark
Liquid Pearls


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...