Friday, July 10, 2015

"Steampunk Box" and ColourArte Collaboration by Kim C.

Welcome everyone!
This month we are doing a collaboration with ColourArte.  I have created this beautiful steampunk box and used some amazing H2O's and Silks from ColourArte.  I created the box out of lightweight chipboard and added some design paper from my stash.
I then chose several steampunk pieces from different collections for the top of the box.
I painted all the chipboard pieces with gesso first, since I wanted these beautiful ColourArte products to stand out.
For the clock and gear pieces I used Silks Acrylic Glaze in Ginger Peach as a base for the gears.  I used Olive Vine as a base for the skeleton clock.  I then added Twinkling H2O's in the following colors:
Rain Forest, Teal Zircon, Mandarin Citrine, Ginger Peach, Meridian, Periwinkle and Orange Peel.  I just kept adding and spritzing with water and dabbing the excess off to get the colors I wanted.  On the key I used just Ginger Peach Silks Acrylic Glaze and then I inked it with black distress ink.


On the dressform and wings I used the following Silks colors: Stargazer and Iridescent Green.  I also used the following H2O's color: Meridian.  I made the wings darker so the dressform would stand out more.  I love the color!!


I added metal pieces and flowers from my stash to give it a more girlie feel to it.  I inked all the edges of the box and paper with black distress ink. 


I just loved working with these products from ColourArte, they are amazing.  They work so well with Gina's products!  I hope you like my girlie steampunk box.

Gina's Designs Products Used:

ColourArte Products Used:
Silks Acrylic Glaze Colors: Ginger Peach, Iridescent Green, Stargazer and Olive Vine
Twinkling H2O's Colors: Rain Forest, Teal Zircon, Mandarin Citrine, Ginger Peach, Meridian, Periwinkle and Orange Peel

Other Items Used:
Metal Gears, Wing and Key
Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante Collection
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Black Soot Distress Ink
Lightweight Chipboard

Kim C. :)

2 comments:

  1. Simply fabulous, Kim! Love all the details, you really nailed the Steampunk theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I am still learning but getting the hang of it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...