Friday, July 31, 2015

Trim Organizer by Kim C.

This week I put together this trim organizer. 
 Let me start with telling you my funny story.  I was in the process of finishing up this project when I accidentally hit my cup of coffee.  I have never moved so fast trying to move stuff off my desk!!!  I was able to save about 90% of my project but still lost some very nice paper in the process.  
I love the way it turned out even with some coffee stains on it!!
 

First I adhered paper from my stash, and then used a clock stencil and modeling paste to give texture.  Some lace and trim from my stash was then added and then some ornate metal feet to the corners of the organizer.

 
The hanging clock has about 4 coats of gesso on it.  If you look really close you can see it has also been coffee stained!!!  Not the look I was going for, but it works!!
I then started layering flowers to make this beautiful flower spray.


On this corner of the organizer I added some more flowers and a metal clock piece.  You can see some of the texture I added with the modeling paste and stencil.


I added paper to the lace dividers, but only to two of them.  Due to the mishap with the coffee, I was unable to save the rest of the paper.  But these two look great!!
 
I hope you like my project this week and had a little chuckle!!

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other items used:
Graphic 45 Ladies Diary Paper
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Modeling Paste
Clock Stencil
Tim Holtz Box Feet
Lace/Trim
Gesso

4 comments:

  1. Listen, Kim, don't you know that the secret ingredient in distress inks is coffee? Okay, just kidding, but some people still use coffee to get that vintage look, so I say, good on ya!!! It looks absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Thanks Barb!! It worked for this project!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Piece Kim!! I feel for you about the coffee, but have to agree with Barbara- coffee makes vintage!heehee Stunning for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jackie, I just love the way it turned out. Coffee stains and all!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...