Friday, July 17, 2015

Altered Embroidery Hoop - Baby Girl Layout by Kim C.

This week I have a baby girl layout using an embroidery hoop. Very soon I will be getting a new granddaughter and wanted to make a beautiful piece for my daughter to hang in the babies room.
I painted the hoop with 2 coats of white gesso and then added pattern paper to a piece of lightweight chipboard for the backing.  I inked the edges of the hoop with distress ink.
I then added some box pleated trim and a pearl trim to the outside edge of the hoop.  I created a space for a 4x6 photo in the center.


The chipboard pieces I used are from the Baby Girl Clothesline Set.
I took the baby dress and painted it with light pink acrylic paint and inked the edges with distress ink.  I then added some lace to the bottom of the dress along with  some trim and pearl trim.  I popped this up with foam squares so that the photo can go under it.


 Pattern paper was added to the baby booties and some crochet trim to the top of them.


 To finish off the hoop I added some flower sprays and seam binding.
I hope you like what I have created!

Kim :)

Gina's Designs item Used:

Other Items Used:
Graphic 45 - Little Darlings Collection
Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
Pink Acrylic Paint
Gesso
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Cardstock
Embroidery Hoop
Trim/Pearl Trim/Lace/Seam Binding

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...