Monday, July 13, 2015

Botanical Tea-Birthday card and tag

Hi, Lynne here with a card and tag made with the lovely Graphic 45 Botanical Tea collection and Gina's Birthday Shape Set and Spring Shape Set. Two of my good friends have July birthdays and this card was made for one of them and included a "voucher" for girls' lunch out one day soon.
I covered the lower part of the chipboard cupcake with pleated paper top create the look of a baking cup, then used texture paste for the "icing", on which I sprinkled glass glitter. The candle was painted with acrylic paints and the flame was created with cheesecloth and Gelatos. The sentiment was painted with pearlized acrylic paint then rubbed lightly with pink paint along the top.
Here's the inside of the card; I used a fun pop-up design.
Continuing the theme of the Botanical Tea papers, I used a bird and a dragonfly from the Spring Shape Set. The bird was covered with patterned paper and then I added a wing with foam tape and inked the edges. The dragonfly was painted with pearlized paint then lightly rubbed with wedgewood blue paint.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a terrific week!

Gina's Items Used

Other Items Used
Graphic 45 Botanical Tea paper pack
acrylic paints
spanish moss
cheesecloth
glass glitter 
texture paste

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful cards, Lynne. I love the cupcake liner and cheesecloth flame idea, so clever. I love birds, so the second card is also gorgeous to me. Love them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...