Sunday, July 5, 2015

Gina's Designs and ColourArte Collaboration

Hi friends, hope you had a safe and happy 4th of July. Today I'm sharing a project I created with various Gina's Designs Laser Cuts and the beautiful color products by ColourArte.  I was so excited to receive these products for this fun collaboration.  The technique I used for this project was a water color wash that gave my project a was of color but not too much.
I started out with this plain birdhouse that I purchased at a local craft store.
For the next step I gessoed everything and added texture with stencils and modeling paste. This is optional but I wanted a wood texture on the door and I also added Wisteria to the house.  Once you start adding your color wash you will see the texture.

I painted the Fairies with Iridescent Blue  and the wings with different colors of Twinkling H2O's and Silks Acrylics Glaze.
Here is the colors I used.

The colors I used on the door is Autumn Butternut.

I painted the Wisteria using more the Silks Acrylics Glaze in Plum Blossom
To get the paint to drip I sprayed it with water.
I toned down the color with  in Silks Acrylics Glaze Periwinkle.

I then added Silks Acrylics Glaze in Olive Vine to the leaves of the wisteria..
The main part of the bird house was painted with Twinkling H2O's Rainforest.  When you're done painting you fairy house...embellish it with flowers, fairy dust and whatever you choose.








To give it a finishing touch I added Inka Gold rub in Gold.


ColourArte Products 


Thanks for stopping by Gina's Blog today!

Debbie

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I would love for you to add this to my FB group Fairy Garden Art so everyone could see it! Good luck on making the team, you would make an awesome DT member for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I love your transformed fairy house!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...