Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Guest Designer Tamiko McCurry

Hey there good people! I am Tamiko and I am totally honored to be the guest designer for July! Woot Woot! My personal style is kinda urban and brightly colored in ANY and EVERYTHING I do as far my art goes.  I am a mixed media artist and I love to play in my art journal and do other types of paper crafting.  When I first received this, I asked myself am I making this for me or for what other might enjoy and well.. I won, but I hope you enjoy this.  While it might be a memory keeper organizer, for me, for a little while, it will be my pocket letter pal go to!!  I just love the many compartments that will hold all my stuff!! 
I  put my units together and went over all the slots and grooves with some craft glue. I let it dry overnight although it was fine after 20 minutes. Coated the units with gesso and once they were dry, my fingers were used to apply the paint. I love getting into my work and how best can you do it, when you use you hands as a brush. As I waited, gesso was brushed on all the rest of the chipboard pieces.  While gesso is not necessary, it did help prime the chipboard for my bright color palette. I also painted all the divider inserts.
Went back to the units and I added layers of stencils (three kinds) and paint with the sponges.  I painted the flowers pieces and stacked them creating my perfect blooms.  Adhered the flowers to the caddy and the organizer and doodles with my black paint marker.  Decided to keep my dividers white and will decorate them periodically with washi tape, maybe!
Let me share a few more pictures with you.
The slots in the caddy are not only perfect for brushes,
my bottles of glue fit perfect!  I can even place a dixie cup or
condiments cup and use that as a catch all under the upside down glue bottles!  How cool is that?
The slots in the organizer are perfect for my small embellishments!
I can prep my slots to contain twine bundles, washi on a card, sticker bundles, stamped images, my tea, coffee or chocolate! Artist trading card (ATC) bases fit perfectly in here! All the goodies I need to prepare a load of pocket letters or quickie ATCs will be right at my fingertips! I have so many ideas and I am so ready to fill both of these fabulous units up!
Ha. YOU and I both can store our stash of Gina's Design Chippies!!
I hope you enjoyed stopping over at the blog today as much I enjoyed creating this project to share with you all.  Again I am so super excited to be here for the month of July 2015 and I can't wait to show you all the possibilities for creating fabulous one of a kind projects featuring Gina's Designs  Laser Cuts.  Have a fabulous week and don't forget to stop by and see what design team is up to!
Gina's Designs Products:

Other:
Helmar Craft Glue
Deco Art Media Gesso (white)
Dylusions Paints (variety of colors)
Deco Art Acryclics and Paint Marker (variety of colors)
Artistcellar Pocket Stencils
Cosmetic Sponges
Brush
Washi Tape

12 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Meko!! Having pretty things around me as I work always makes me happy! I'm glad YOU won out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Tamiko! This should work great for little pocket letter do-dads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the colors on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous projects, Tamiko, and such cheerful colors, too! Congrats on the guest DT spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you would do a fabulous job decorating them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job, I love this idea and the colors are so pretty and bright. It is great to see you as a guest designer on Gina's page. You are awesome friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are GREAT & love those colors ^5 & xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful love your set of storage. They are fun in the bright colours and will be just perfect to store your pocket letter items.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!! I love them and I love that your are a guest designer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...