Monday, July 13, 2015

Mixed Media Canvas Featuring ColourArte

  I am so excited to share my project with you today!  All this month Gina's Designs is working with the fabulous products from ColourArte . They have the most fun things, watercolours, sprays, artist pigments, glazes and more. I have used just a small sampling but the effect turned out great!
I have created a 5'' x 12'' mixed media canvas.  I think doing mixed media is really my first love and these products really lend themselves to this type of art.
 Here is what I have used to create my canvas. I love the Radiant Rain sprays. They are highly pigmented and have a fantastic shimmer to them. The Silks Acrylic Glazes have been a staple in my craft room for a long time, and are a very versatile product. ColourArte has a wide range of products and all of them are highly pigmented and high quality as well.
So, lets get going! I started off my canvas with some white crackle paint. I wanted that as the base so when I used the sprays it would pick up on the crackle effect on the canvas. I used Teal Zircon and Pink Grapefruit from the Radiant Rain Line for the beginning of the base.
As you can see, the sprays worked great and really highlighted the cracks. I love how the pink and blue tones mixed to give a light purple colour in the crackle.  After I had done this I got out some texture paste and stencils and added a floral motif to the top and bottom of the canvas.

Next up, I got out some chipboard from Gina's Designs Lasercuts. This is the Tudor Rose shape set. I wanted them to be more dimensional, so I used some liquid pearls on them and did some random dots and lines on them. After that dried I painted them white and added them to my canvas.  I used them under my layers of paper which I fussy cut out from my Prima paper. I love the look of the little houses and birds, which also pick up on the lovely pastel tones I was going for on the piece.

I decided I needed a little bit of sunshine on my canvas, and so I got out the Sunburst Silks Acrylic glaze. I think the name "Sunburst" is so true, this colour of yellow is so very vibrant and fun!  I added some accents in this colour here and there on the canvas, and I think it really created some depth to it. I also used the Radiant Rain Sunburst Spray and added some fun splotches to the canvas. 
 

I also added some touches of Key Lime and Pixie Pink in the glazes as well, to the sides and top of the canvas to add a few more spots of colour.

Now, its time to embellish!  I got out some fun Prima chippy pieces and added a butterfly, fairy and friend sentiment to the top of the little house. I then added a little resin window and some lovely flowers and cameo to finish it off.

I am so happy with this piece, I think I may give it to a friend who loves fairies.  The ColourArte products made a huge difference to my canvas and I am so pleased with the outcome.

Check out the links below to all the ColourArte products, and of course see their BLOG for all the fun things going on, as well as their Facebook Page HERE
Thanks for stopping by!

 Gina's Products Used:



Other Products Used
Prima Garden Fable Paper
Prima Butterfly Chipboard Embellishments
Flowers by Petaloo
Prima Resin Pieces
Deco Art Crackle Paint

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, Kim! I love the colors and how you mixed them, and your canvas is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...