Thursday, July 2, 2015

Garden Fairy Crown

I love crowns. I do. I adore them and make them often. I guess I haven't had my fill of fancy head wear because I've made another. This one was created with chipboard shapes from GinasDesigns.net and it's this month's video tutorial.

The crown is made by layering Garden Fairies, Feathery Flourishes Set, Dragon Shape Set, and Tudor Rose Singles over a simple base. For some added interest I added texture using gel medium and the Texture Sheets - Fiesta from Gina's.


Washes of ColourArt Silks Acrylic Iridescent Glazes and Twinkling H2Os Shimmering Watercolors are applied and then a smidge of glitter is added.


Some pretty paper flowers, butterflies and ribbons and voila! I'm pretty sure that wearing this will automatically make you a fairy princess.

Here's the video tutorial. The sound is a bit awful in spots and I'm sorry about that (honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing and it's a miracle I muddle through at all!). If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Here is the full supply list:

Gina Designs:

ColourArte
Glue
White paint
Glitter (this is what I used)
Ribbon
Golden Heavy Gel
Heavy card

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Nichola. I love every little bit about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to need one of these! I just love it Nichola!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally make one! I bet it would be beautious!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...