Saturday, May 23, 2015

Altered Burlap Panels

Hello everyone. Shanna here and today I wanted to share with you some fun home decor pieces I created. I really am loving the "not here yet, but is here" summer. Playing with some summer theme pieces from Gina's Designs, I got to creating these little gems.
First I brushed some gesso on each panel and while that dried I gesso'd my chipboard pieces. Then let the painting begin!
So for the lighthouse, I went in with some Fired Brick Distress Paint and when it was almost dry, I used a paper towel to pick up areas that were not. This gave that blotchy texture making it look weathered. Next I went over the top with a new coat of gesso and then glossy accents for some shine.
Once the panel was dry, I used some Tim Holtz Remnant Rub-Ons on the lighthouse and the panel. Then after I glued everything down I added the Big Chat sticker "strength".
Same thing with this panel. I added the rub-ons and dabbed the chipboard piece with Mustard Seed and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Paint. Then I added the chit chat sticked and a metal gear I had on hand to finish of this seahorse.
Keep checking back every day for more inspiration from the rest of the team!

 If you didn't do the blog hop yesterday, it's not too late! Just pop on over to the Gina's Designs Birthday Blog Hop and follow the links! The hop is open until May 29, 2015 at 8PM CST.

Gina's Designs Items Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...