Saturday, May 16, 2015

"Dream" Mixed Media Canvas by Kim C.

Well this week I tackled something that I have been wanting to try for awhile; a mixed media canvas. This is my very first one! I am very happy with the way it came out.
I used an 8x10 canvas to create this project.
I used several of Gina's Designs Lasercuts on this canvas.
 To create some texture, I used modeling paste and a stencil on the canvas.  I then added several lasercuts to the canvas: butterflies, a vine with a leaf, mixed media fragment, the word dream and a key with a keyhole.  I then painted everything with gesso so that I had a base to add my pastel paints.  To finish off the canvas I added some walnut stain spray to give some shading under the elements I used on the canvas.
Under the vine I added some lace and cheesecloth to give more texture.  I also added some beads to the vine from my stash. Metal corner pieces were added to two of the corners which I also gessoed.  A metal butterfly was added to the largest butterfly.  I then finished it off with adding white roses, which I used pastel pink paint on.  I also added red rosebuds that I gessoed to soften them up, along with some beaded sprays that I cut up and tucked in.  Under the white rose to the left is a metal flower from my stash.
In this corner I have the mixed media fragment along with a paper doily and cheesecloth - more texture!!  I then added the word "Dream".  I then added a resin frame and I have a small butterfly inside and then added more lace above the frame.  Again more texture!  To finish off the corner I added some flowers and a beaded spray.  I used gesso on the red rosebuds to soften them up. Pastel pink paint was added to the white rose.
Here I have the lasercut key and keyhole, to which I added a metal key on top.  I then gessoed and used my pastel paints.  I finished it off with 2 small open roses.
The more I look at my canvas the more I am very happy with it.  I hope you like what I have done!

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other Items Used:
Gesso
Pastel Paints: Pink, Blue, Green
Flowers
Beaded Spray
Laces
Beads
Metal Key and Flower
Paper Doily
Cheesecloth
Resin Frame
Wooden Clock
Stencil
Modeling Paste

Have a scrapping good day!
Kim C. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...