Friday, May 29, 2015

Mad Hatter Birthday Hat by Dianna

Hi everyone and a happy 3rd Birthday to Gina's Designs!  Gina helped make this idea a reality - thank you, Gina! She cut this hat for me and was very supportive when I took over her craft room and decoupaged everything in sight. 
The paper is actually book pages from Alice in Wonderland that was lavishly distressed with ink.  I did use color pencils on some of the pages.  I used Beacon's Fast Finish Decoupage and it was a pleasure to work with (Warning! This stuff is like water so a little easier to work with and it does dry fast).  The above picture is a side shot but I wanted it to be the first picture.  I used a blown up picture of the mad hatter and placed one of Gina's Designs tea cups in front of the mad hatter.  I used Sparkling H20's on Gina's feathers and some of the left over rosette from the hat band.  I added the cards to celebrate Gina's Designs 3rd Birthday!
This picture is actually the front of the hat.  I used Gina's Designs String Alongs - Alice and applied Sparkling H20's.  The pocket watch was cut from a String Alongs and I included a metal watch face.  The white rabbit is a stamp from Deep Red colored with Copic Markers.  The blue band is a rosette die that was cut from blue paper.
The caterpillar was cut out from a Alice in Wonderland page and popped up on one of Gina's mushrooms. Sparking H20's was used on the mushrooms to give them some depth.  This Alice is a stamp from Saturated Canary and colored with Copic Markers.  
 
There was a lot going on here with all of the colored pages so I used a hat from Gina's Alice String Alongs to brake it up a little. 
This is the top of the hat, I just had to include the Cheshire Cat :)

Thank you for looking!
Items Used

Other Items
Beacon Fast Finish Decoupage
Deep Red - White Rabbit Late
Saturated Canary - Alice


8 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...