Saturday, May 23, 2015

"Beach" Brush Caddy by Kim C.

Welcome everyone to this weeks project!
This week I have altered another brush caddy for a client.
I have used Beach Shape Set to decorate this one.  The paper used is "On the Boardwalk" from Graphic 45.  I inked the edges of the paper with Broken China distress ink. The beaded trim goes around the entire caddy.
I used several of the sea shells, the fence and the lighthouse from the set for this one.  I gave the lighthouse a crackle effect, doing several layers with different colored paints.  I then inked it with 2 different distress inks, Broken China and Vintage Photo.  The flowers and stamens are from my stash.
The sea shells textured look is done by using snowtex and paint.  I painted the pieces with gesso. The paint and snowtex were mixed together before applying  it to the shells.  I then added gesso once they dried to soften the colors up just a little bit.  I did the same to the fence underneath.
A star fish was tucked behind the flowers.  I inked the white flowers with Broken China distress ink.  i just love the blues!!
Since the back might not be seen, I kept it simple. A few of the sea shells were added to the bottom.  I then added the lobster to the top.   Feet were also added and inked with Broken China distress ink.
This one was so much fun to make and I hope my client loves it just as much as I do.  It just makes me want to go to the beach and play in the sand and water.  I hope you like what I have done.

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other items used:
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Graphic 45 Paper
Beaded Trim
Wooden Feet
Distress Inks: Broken China/Vintage Photo
Paints
SnowTex
Gesso

Thanks for stopping!

Kim C :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...