Thursday, May 7, 2015

Every Picture Tells a Story

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a 12 x 12 mixed media layout for Gina's Designs.
This picture was taken in a small house my husband and I rented in Northport, NY.
 We had been in Southern California for two and a half years, and had missed our family. It was great being nearby them again
It was such a pleasure working with this chipboard. They are both elegant and delicately cut. I prepped both with gesso.  I painted the title piece with oil paint and topped it with crackle accents. I brushed on blue chalk to emphasize the cracks.

Using a wide paint brush I brushed water on the edges of the paper, then crumpled and ripped them.I let the paper dry,then stitched a border on.
I brushed water on a piece of watercolor paper, then painted on a mixture of Twinkling H20s and watercolors. I stitched a border, then put the photo on top.I put some foam core board under the photo to give some added dimension to the page.
I sponged gesso on the background paper, and brushed on Perfect Pearls powder.
 I painted the edges with the same mix of paint I used on the piece under the photo.

On the damask design, I added a few crystals, and that's all I felt it needed.
Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

Gina's Products Used:

Other:
The background paper is by Prima. Watercolor paper is behind the photo.
There are also small pieces of Bo Bunny, Prima, and Graphic 45 papers.
Petaloo and Prima Flowers
Handmade purple ribbon flower at upper right of photo made with Glubers
Twinkling H20s
Winsor and Newton Oil Paints and Watercolors
Ranger Crackle Accent
Perfect Pearls
Sizzix Tattered Flower Garland
Martha Stewart Punch
Swarovski Crystals
Prima bling




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...