Wednesday, May 27, 2015

View From Tintagel

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a 12 x 12 layout for Gina's Designs.  I remember when I took this photo I was thinking how beautiful the view was.  According to legend, this is where King Arthur built his castle.
There are also a lot of stories about mermaids in the ocean around Cornwall. Gina's Designs has a variety of pieces you can use in your beachy creations. I thought the shells and mermaid fit the theme of the page.
All the chipboard is coated with gesso. I layered modeling paste on the mermaid with a palette knife before using my finger to give the paste a streaky look.. I wanted it to look as if streams of water were going by. I painted her with a mix of Lindys Stamp Gang, Twinkling H20's, and regular watercolors. I dry brushed on layers of silver, gold, and blue Lumiere acrylic paint to pick up the texture.  Perfect Pearls were patted on top. 
The sand dollar on the upper right has on gold mica powder mixed with a drop of water.
The rest of the items have modeling paste on them.
The sand dollar to the left of the photo is painted the same way as the other one.

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

Gina's Products Used:

Other:
Papers by My Mind's Eye, Prima,and Graphic 45
Luminarte Twinkling H20s
Perfect Pearls
Lindy's Stamp Gang
Winsor and Newton Watercolors
Prima Pearl Flourishes
Distress Crackle Paint
Swarovski crystals
Stampendous Embossing Powder in Jeweled Gold
Distress Glitter
Ranger Distress Embossing Powder in Linen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...