Monday, May 4, 2015

Metallic and Enameled Winged Things

Hi Everyone! Barb here with a set of four note cards that I made for a friend.
I love things that look aged. I also love taking organic things like bugs or leaves and giving them a metallic or enameled look. That mix of industrial and natural just does something for me.
I began by making the metallic butterfly and dragonfly. First I coated them with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate. 
I love this ink for its more gentle metallic look - brown, but with a hint of silver.
Next I cut out paper for the background of the wings and glued it on.
Finally, I used every metallic available in the mini-Delicata inks. I don't mind being messy, so I just tapped my finger in the inks and then lightly dabbed at the dragonfly and butterfly in various places.
I then adhered them to the background that I'd already prepared, using rubber stamps and inks.
The enameled butterfly and dragonfly were so simple to do! For these, I used my pico embellishers in white and bronze. I simply washed over the wings in white, waited a few minutes to let it set, then went over the body with the bronze color.
I love the shiny enamel look that the pico embellishers lend to my projects!
These were fairly simple, fun cards to make. Thanks for looking and sharing in my fun! 
'Til next week, take care and happy crafting!

Gina's Designs Products Used

Other Products Used
Brilliance inks in Pearlescent Chocolate, Olive and Poppy
Imagine Crafts Delicata Metallic Inks
Ranger Distress Inks
irRESISTibles in Wedding White and Bronze

Rubber Stamps Used
Leaves by Fred B. Mullet
Fern by RubberMoon
Newsprint Background by Posh Impression
Skinny Weeds -  Maker Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...