Thursday, May 21, 2015

Blue ATC Shrine With Two ATCs

Hi everyone! Melissa here with an ATC shrine, and two ATCs to go with it.  These little boxes are one of my favorite things to work with. They look great on either my kitchen counters or in my scraproom.  
The shrine was assembled and glued with glossy accents. I painted the shrine with gesso and then Lindy's Stamp Gang. The color was too dark for my liking so I took most of it off with a brush and water. I next put on a coat of pearl Precious Metal Effect paint. The result is pale aqua, instead of teal. The frame of the door has a coat of gold leaf paint, and one side has a little crackle paint on it. I first painted the leaves with Lindy's and then put on a thick layer of crackle paint. It came out too dark, so I painted on Twinkle H2Os in bright green, brushed on a little gold mica powder, then put on another thick layer of crackle. I put on some pearls with a little gold leaf applied over Glossy Accents. Gold leaf was applied to the dragonfly. 
 I used watercolor paper for the ATCs. I painted them with Lindys, Twinkling H20s, and blue Windsor and Newton. I used gel pens and watercolors on the peacock.


Thanks for looking!

Gina's Products Used:

Other:
Splash of Color - Viva Colour - Precious Metal Effect Paint - Pearl
Lindy's Stamp Gang in Tibetan Poppy Teal and Hydrangea Blue mixed together.  I keep the paints in powder form and just use a little at a time. If you do use it like this, if you put crackle paint on top, the result will come out almost black.  So, I don't put crackle on it,although I did in this project. I had to cover it up with more paint.
Luminarte Twinkling H20s
Perfect Pearls
Winsor and Newton Watercolors,Cobalt Blue
Prima Pearls on ATC
Petaloo aqua feathers
Plaid Liquid Leaf Gold Paint
Distress Crackle Paint
Sizzix Tattered Flower Garland
Swarovski flatback crystals in peridot and tanzanite,and a few bicones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...