Sunday, May 10, 2015

Baby Girl Shadowbox With Mary B

Hello and Happy Mother's Day!  I hope you're having a lovely one.  Today, I have a shadowbox to share with you that I've created for my sweet Baby Girl.
 I began by covering the front of the 7 x 7 Themed Shadowbox Baby Girl with paperclay.  Before it was dry, I stamped into it here and there with a star stamp and let the whole thing dry.
 After it was dry, I covered the whole thing with a coat of white paint and a coat of Mod Podge to seal it in. I then applied a coat of black paint which I wiped off with a wet rag to give the recesses a bit of a distressed look.  Some inking with brown ink furthered the distress.
 Some paper piecing along the clothes line...
...and some crackle on the "B" were perfect embellishments!  It's sort of a monogram, as our last name starts with "B".  I've also added in some ribbon, lace and a few pearls and mother-of-pearl buttons embedded into a layer of beeswax.  The shimmer on the beeswax is a dusting of Perfect Pearls.  LOVE!
Thanks so much for joining me today!

Gina's Designs supplies used:

Other supplies used:
Creative Paperclay
white paint
Aleene's Tacky Glue
Mod Podge
hot glue
black paint
Distress Ink in Tea Dye
Maggie Holmes 6 x 6 paper pad
May Arts lace and 1/4 inch silk ribbon
mother-of-pearl buttons
glass pearls
beeswax
Perfect Pearls in Perfect Pearl



3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...