Saturday, May 30, 2015

"Beautiful" Altered Canvas by Kim C.

Welcome everyone to this weeks DT project for Gina's Designs!
This week I decided to do an altered canvas that has a picture of my "Beautiful" daughter just before her prom.  I wanted to keep this simple and elegant.  This is a 12 x 12 canvas, that has paper from My Minds Eye.  I layered the paper with white cardstock and layered the photo also with the same cardstock.  I inked all the edges with Broken China distress ink. 
Layered behind the photo is the Deco Lattice Panel 2. Gesso and watered down Broken China distress ink was used to give it a softened look. Cut up Grape Vines were tucked in behind the flower clusters in the corners.  I also used a doily from Cardstock Doily Set 1.
Here you can just see the doily sticking out from under the trim and lace under the pattern paper.  You can also see more of the grape vine piece.
"Beautiful" is one of the many words in the Words and Phrases 1 set.  Gesso was first applied to the word then inked with distress ink. Clear embossing powder was applied last to make it pop. 

Here you can see the other half of the doily I used, along with more of the grape vine.

I hope you have enjoyed this weeks project.

Gina's Designs Products Used:

Other products used:
Distress Ink : Broken China
Lace/Pearl Trims
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
My Minds Eye Paper
White Cardstock
12 x 12 Canvas

Thanks for stopping!!
Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...