Friday, October 3, 2014

Memory Box by Kim and a Canvas by Shanna

Hello Crafty Friends!  Today we have two awesome projects to share.  First up is Kim with one of our Memory Boxes.  These 5 x 7 Boxes come in several styles and can be found in the Altered Art section of the store.



Hello and happy Friday friends! Today I would like to share with you my graffiti inspired memory box. I had a lot of fun with this and I hope the friend it is going to will be just as happy with it as I am. Gina has a great selection of these 5 x 7 boxes. This one was a custom order for me, but you can get any of the ATC Shrines in a 5 x 7 size. Just email Gina and ask!

I used a simple paint technique on the box itself then covered it with some Kaisercraft basecoat paper. I love this paper as it looks like brick walls.  This was the beginning of my graffiti look.


Above here you can see the top of the box. I have used one of the stackable labels from Gina's and some sticker words on top of it. I painted the label a soft blue and then distressed it with some Prima chalk ink.


On the back, sides and inside of the box I did a lot of mixed media work. I used various stencils and stamps to make it have a very urban feel. You can also see at the top right corner I have added one of Gina's Steampunk doilies and a metal hinge on the side as well.

 The new chain and gear frames are so much fun to work with. I embossed them with some platinum embossing powder. In the background you can see more of my texture paste in script and boxed letters.

I hope you will stop over to the store today and pick up one of these memory boxes, they are super fun to alter!
Thanks!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items used
Kaisercraft Basecoat Paper
Metal from Butterbeescraps
Petaloo Flowers
Crafters Workshop Stencil
Artist Cellar Stencil
Dina Wakley Stencil
Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray
Ranger Embossing Powder
Gilder's Paste Rust


Next up is Shanna with an amazing and colorful canvas to share.


Good morning to everyone, it's Shanna here. I am so excited today to share a new canvas I created. 


I love love love anything Native American themed and I thought the Feathers Shape Set was perfect to go with this Prima stencil I used!


First I used the stencil with some modeling paste, then I used a water color pencil to color in the hair. I painted my feathers with Distress Paint and added patina to the canvas. I am lucky to have some alpha stickers I could use too. After all that and the feathers were glued I still needed something else to make it pop. I went through several flowers but then I found that the perfect touch was something metallic.

Item Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...