Monday, October 13, 2014

The Witching Hour - A Layout by Donna

I cannot believe it is October! Time for spooky, creepy, decorations and the unique, fun combination of colors, orange, black, and purple! I might have gone a little overboard with the colors, but it was fun! Gina's Designs has some great Halloween shapes!

This is a photo of me when I was in my 20s, obviously dressed up like a witch. I used to love to dress up with my kids!


The spiderweb shape set is one of my favorites! Yes, I know there should be a spider somewhere on the page...but I hate spiders...just like the webs!




Another of my favorite shapes are "frames". I have used the large Page Frame Flourished and also a smaller flourish oval frame for the photo. I like the way the page frames pull everything together.


I covered all of the chipboard pieces with gesso and used heat embossing powder on everything except for the photo frame. I painted the photo frame with black gesso and used chalk ink, Blood Mary, over it which gave it a hint of the purplish color and some shimmer.

Thank you for stopping by Gina's today and have a safe and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Gina's Designs 

Be Witched shape set (coming soon)
Flourished Frames: Evie Set (coming soon)

Other Products

Butterflies -  Reneabouquets.com
Black chalk ink
Embossing powders
Black gesso
White gesso
Paper collections:
Echo Park - Arsenic and Lace 
Anna Griffin 
Bo Bunny
Authentique - Spirited 
Flowers:
Prima
Petaloo
I Am Roses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...