Friday, October 10, 2014

A Wall Hanging by Kim (for our October cross-promotional) and Halloween fun by Shanna


Hi Crafters!  Today we have two designers sharing projects.  First up is Kim with a wall hanging that demonstrates her innovative use of one of our extra large-sized chipboard tags.



Hello Friends, Kim here today to share with you my wall hanging I have created. I used one of Gina's Extra Large Tags for this, and turned it on its side to use it.  I covered it with gesso then I added my basecoat paper, distressing it in some spots and then using my chalk inks along the edges.


I have used some of Gina's pine trees here, as my home is surrounded by them and I wanted to add them to this wall hanging. I used various paints to achieve the look. Layering different shades of green to make them look more dimensional.
I used some crackle medium on the chipboard borders and the little houses, they turned out just great, and really go well with the paper.



I have used lots of great goodies from Craftsupplies1 on here including the flowers you see above and the metal key and trim. They really added a lot to the project and the blue tones in the flowers  picked up on the tones in the paper and paint.


I love mixing Gina's chipboard with Craftsupplies1 goodies, they really go well together. Please go and check out Craftsupplies1 on ETSY and ZIBBET to see all the amazing things they have in stock!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Gina's Designs Items Used
Houses Shape Set (coming soon)
Layered Border - Victoria (coming soon)

White Floral Trim
Sky Blue Roses
White Daisies
White Roses
Steampunk Key
Metal Filigree

Other Items Used
Kaisercraft Basecoat Paper
Mermaid Color Chalk Paint by Paper Artsy
Crack it! Crackle Medium
Epoxy Heart
Paints and Wooden Letters From My Stash


Next up today is Shanna with more Halloween fun to share!


Hi everyone. Shanna here with a new and exciting project to decorate my home for Halloween.



This was so fun and so easy to decorate. First I painted all the chipboard black. 


The gears and the clock I gave a coat of rub n buff. 


I did a lot of fussy cutting but was totally fun. 


Gina's Designs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...