Monday, October 20, 2014

A Themed Shadowbox by Donna and a Spooky Altered Book Box by Deann

Hello Friends!  Today we have two amazing projects to share, first up is Donna with another of our October cross promotional projects.

Welcome scrappy friends! Today I am sharing a 7 x 7 Shadow Box from Gina's Designs along with a gorgeous brown fabric rose spray from Craftsupplies1.

 

I just love the pearl sprays!


I used two sizes of the new Layered Flourishes. These are so cool! I painted the top and bottom pieces with white gesso. For the top piece of the small flourish, I used a walnut stain distress paint dabber, then lightly rubbed on Inka Gold when the paint was dry.


I used weathered wood crackle paint on the top piece of the large flourish. The large flourish is straight like the smaller version, but I cut it in half to make a "corner" I used weathered wood crackle paint on the top piece of the large flourish. The large flourish is straight like the smaller version, but I cut it in half to make a "corner" flourish.


All of the dress forms were covered with white gesso and then painted with distress crackle paint.

This was a really fun project! I hope you will take a look at the cute Themed Shadow Boxes and the NEW Layered Flourishes! 

Thank you so much for taking time today to stop by Gina's!!!!

 Gina's Designs 
Layered Border - Victoria Large (coming soon)
Layered Border - Victoria Small (coming soon)


Craftsupplies1
Brown fabric rose spray with pearls

Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Craftsupplies1
Zibbet: http://www.zibbet.com/Craftsupplies1  

Other Products

Prima - Madeline paper
Petaloo - Small flowers
White gesso
Crackle  


Next up is Deann with a Halloween project she has created with one of our book boxes.  She has used the box in a fun and unique way!



Good morning, Deann Here with a Spooky Book Of Spells!
I used a Book Box- Small to make my Spell Book. On the cover I added one of the Spiderweb Shape Sets and a spider ring.  I wrote the word spells in hot glue. To try this yourself, let the hot glue dry, then cover with masking tape. Use a stylus or something with a round tip to emboss around all of the raised areas. Add a coat of Gesso, when dry add Dark Brown or Black craft paint. I rubbed Gold paint over the raised parts.


The inside of the box has been painted Black. I made a dimensional grave yard scene inside 

 I used a Raven from the Spooky Shape Set.

 This would look so cool sitting open on a book shelf!
I used the small box but there are three sizes to play with :)
(((HUGS)))
Deann

Products used:

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Book of Spells. Love...love Donna's Gorgeous Shadow Box. Wo! Love those corsets, flowers, pprs and design. Great job! ~~ Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...