Friday, October 24, 2014

12 x 12 Layouts by Kim and by Shanna

Hello Crafty Friends!  Today we have two gorgeous layouts to share!  First up is Kim to share her vintage heritage styled layout called "Somewhere in Time"

Happy Friday friends! Today I would like to share with you my "Somewhere in Time" layout.
I started off this layout being inspired by one of my vintage photos from my collection. I love the kind of "Mona Lisa" smile on this lady and wanted to use her as my starting off point.

I used some lovely paper for the background which has a crackled effect on it, and it went perfectly with the vintage feel of the photo. I used a lot of sprays, paints and textures on the background to build up some layers and color. Then I got out my Bo Bunny Somewhere in Time paper and ephemera I also layered on some corrugated cardstock and gauze paper which picked up the blue tones in the other paper.

I have then layered on some of the new Renata Flourishes from Gina's Shop, and some lovely laces and trims from Craftsupplies1. The photo on the right has an element I received in a swap from Gina herself, (she's kind of a master at those!) and I thought it topped the flourish off nicely.

The upper left photo is one of the alarm clock frame ups with one of the hot air balloon charms from Craftsupplies1. I layered it on top of more of the Bo Bunny ephemera.

Finally, here you can see some of the chain border which I painted with some chalk inks and Shimmerz paints.
I hope you had fun taking a journey though time with me today!

Gina's Designs Items Used
Renata Flourish (Coming Soon to the Store)

Other Items Used
Bo Bunny Somewhere In Time Paper & Ephemera
Mirabelle Paper
Petaloo Flowers


Next up is Shanna to share her mixed media layout called "Explore Your path"

Hey everyone. Shanna here to help you get the weekend started. I hope you all get some crafty time this weekend. I know I am planning it.

I am beyond excited to share with you a new layout I created. 

I had a blast using my all time favorite Gears Shape Set and I got to use a frame from the Scribbled Frames and Lines Set


First I created my background by using a stencil, some Twinkling H2O's, stamps, and modeling paste.


Then on the frame, first I gave it some gesso, then I added a little bit of red gelato.  After that I went crazy with glass bead gel. Then I covered it all up with twinkling H2O's. After that dried, I added a little bit of Bloom Spray. 


For my gears I kept it simple and added some gold rub n buff. Then I went to town and embellished my page. 

Grab your chipboard and have a blast!

Items Used:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...