Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Layout by Donna and Fall Themed Wall Decor by Dianna

Hi Crafty Friends!  Today we have two designers on the blog.  First up is Donna with "Every Picture Tells A Story", a peek inside a window to the past.

Hi Everyone, it's Donna here!  Even though it's October, I had red roses on my mind!  Once I grabbed the Cottage Window from Gina's, I knew what picture I wanted to use. I love using windows on projects. It's like you are looking in at another place and time. 


I didn't want to change the look of the chipboard window very much, so I lightly rubbed a walnut stain distress paint  dabber on it.


I bent the windows up a little for added dimension.


I added a small circle image of a sewing machine to one of the Punch Elements. I used a red (brick wall) chalk ink to cover the words. I did not use white gesso first because I wanted a darker red color.


Thank you for stopping by Gina's Designs and taking a look through my window!

Gina's Designs


Other Products 

Marion Smith paper
Butterflies - LittleScrapShop 
Flowers - I Am Roses
Doily stencil
Pearl Modeling Paste


Next up today is Dianna, with her take on our Fall Scarecrow Wall Decor.


Hi everyone Dianna here with the Happy Harvest Scarecrow.  I decided to put my Gina's Design Scarecrow on a canvas.  


The paper used on the Scarecrow is from Hobby Lobby.  I papered the body in a bronze paper and spritzed with Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Gold.  Burlap paper on the pants, distressed the pants in brown and used scraps for a patch.  The vest was had been hand cut of yellow paper.  The vest and hat was embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  A light bronze paper was used for the jacket and embossed with a Darice embossing Folder and distressed with black ink.  The burlap paper was used for the face and distressed with black ink.  Googly eyes, a mouth drawn with a Sharpe, spritzing Tattered Angels - Glittered Angels - Gold, crinkle paper from the Dollar Store and acorn buttons found at Tuesday Morning finish the Scarecrow. 




The canvas was dry brushed with Adirondacks inks.  I daubed the inks starting with the light colors in the center and darker inks toward the edges.  I distressed the edges with the darker colors.  (Remember that the Adirondacks ink take a long long time to dry).  The flowers were cut with Sizzix Tim Holtz - Jumbo Tattered Flowers,  paper used was three shades of Orange and distressed after cutting with brown ink.  After cutting the flower shapes, the back of the paper was spritzed with water and shaped with a McGill 8mm, 6mm, 3mm and 2mm tools. The Happy Harvest from Gina's Designs was spritzed with Maya Mist - Lemon Metallic (which came out a little tie-dyed and orange) on raw chipboard.





Leaves -  there are a lot.  Roughly fifty die-cut and embossed leaves from loose card stock purchased from a local Stamp Store, the Stamp Pad,  were used to make the waterfall of leaves.   Leaves that were not embossed were spritzed with water and a McGill 6mm and 2 mm was used to create the curve and lines.  The die used was from Momenta - Leaves Mix and Match Dies.  The paper colors used were olive green,  two shades of burgundy and two shades of orange.  All leaves were distressed with brown ink and spritzed (a lot) with Tattered Angels- Glimmer Mist - Gold.


Items Used
Gina's Designs
Kitty's Scrap Post

Other
Tim Holtz - Embossing Folders
Bingo - Patchwork Set
Jumbo - Tattered Flowers
Distressed Ink - Vintage Photo

Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Gold
Momenta - Leaves Mix and Match Die
Stamp Pad - loose card stock paper
Adirondacks Inks
Espresso
Cranberry
Ginger
Pesto
Lettuce
Caramel
Butterscotch

1 comment:

  1. beautiful layout, love how the gingham hearts peek through the shutter.

    The fall colors on the scrawcrow are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...