Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Altered Cigar Box Cross Promotional Project by Kathi

Kathi here to share my last cross promotional project with Craftsupplies1, an altered cigar box.


Using the flat red lace,  I created a handmade flower with a streamer descending from the bottom.  In the center of the flower I have a pearl center and a butterfly resting on the flower.  I placed a stacked flourish off to the left side.  The flower is resting on a large crocheted doily that I received in a swap. I painted the butterfly scribbled frame, and added a photo mat behind it. I placed two metal butterflies from Craftsupplies1 in the lower right corner.

 Here is a close up of scribbled butterfly frame, and the butterfly has distressed stickles painted on it.
  Here is one of Gina's new stacked flourishes with one layer painted with white gesso and the other with black gesso.
 Inside of the lid, I used Gina's textured sheet, painted with white gesso.  Layered on top is a red doily and on top of the doily I placed a dressform and a frame.

 After the chipboard pieces were painted,  I distressed the dress form and placed the word love over the bodice along with a flower bunch and a flower cameo. A rose bunch was placed on the lower right which is from Craftsupplies1.

 Close up of flower bunch from Craftsupplies1.

Close up of the frame and textured sheet from Gina's Designs

Supplies Used:
Gina's Designs Laser Cuts:
Scribble Frame - Butterfly
Layered Flourish - Renata
Flourished Frames - Evie
Texture Sheet - Diamonds
Dressform 1 Miniature Shape Set
10 Words

Craftsupplies1:


Metal Butterflies
Roses
 Flat Red Lace
 Black -satin pleated trim


Other Supplies Used: 
Red & Black Doilies from Michael's
Black & White Gesso
Black/Red cameo
Crochet Flowers
Distressed Stickles
Glossy Accents
Paper from DCWV



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...