Thursday, November 13, 2014

Diorama in a Winter Theme by Nancy and Lavender Layout by Melissa

Today we have two beautiful projects to share with you. First up is Nancy with our new diorama!

This Diorama is one of the newer selections in our store, and it's my new favorite piece to work with.  The possibilities are endless for decorating in any theme you like.  This is a large piece at 5" wide, 5"deep and around 7" tall.  When assembled, the Diorama provides a spacious  triangular shaped niche on each of the four sides for you to decorate.  The top of the piece also provides a really large space.   This piece also comes with a lazy susan pedestal to attach to the bottom so it will turn.  I chose not to use the rotating base and opted to add some Tim Holtz feet instead.  I wanted my creation to have a wintery vintage Victorian feel, and I thought that the ornate feet best reflected the look I was after.  



 

After I assembled the piece, I gave it a light coat of gesso.  I papered the inside of the niches with canvas resist by Prima Finnabair Elementals in a music note pattern.  I needed two sheets and had scraps left over.  I stenciled over the canvas using a snowflake stencil,  first with Prima Chalk Ink in Old Rose, and then I used the same snowflake stencil with sparkle texture paste.  I added some gesso with a dry fan shaped brush here and there to distress. 

I covered the vertical framework of the piece with crackle texture paste, and distressed it with some gesso and a little light pink acrylic paint, and a little buttermilk acrylic paint.  The horizontal framework was covered with a sequined eyelash trim I got on ebay and had been hoarding.

The chipboard shapes were embossed with Stampendous shabby embossing powders in cream and in white.

The Victorian winter images were mostly freebies I found on Pinterest, along with a collage sheet from Gecko Galz called Christmas Icons.

Thanks for looking!

Gina's Designs Products Used:


Next up, we have Melissa with a gorgeous layout.

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a 12 x 12 mixed media layout for Gina's Chipboard Laser Designs.

I found the flourishes, leaves, and butterflies both beautiful, and a pleasure to work with. With their delicate shapes, I think they complement the vintage photo perfectly.

To decorate the chipboard, I first prepped them with gesso. The purple flourishes and butterfly were painted with Twinkling H20's . After they dried I quickly smeared on diamond stickles with my finger.  While it was wet, I dabbed on Pearlex Powder. I added silver stickles and bling on the butterfly.  The gold flourishes are gold ink brushed on. The green leaves are chalk ink with "veins" scratched on with a straight pin. The little flower by the lower right of photo is greenish blue pigment paint, Lindy's spray, then purple chalk ink dabbed on with a small piece of cosmetic sponge.




Thanks for looking!
                                                                              
Gina's Chipboard used:
Mini Flourishes Bella
Flourished Frame Bella
Scribble Frames Butterfly
Scribble Frames Hearts & Flowers


Other:
Watercolor Paper
Prima and Petaloo flowers
Jaquard Pearlex Powder in pearl
Jolees bling, and a few Swarovski crystals on the butterfly
Twinkling H20 Watercolors
Winton and Lewis Watercolors
Vintaj bead cap
Tresors De Luxe lace
Plaid Liquid Leaf Gold Paint
Tim Holtz Rub Ons
Distress Crackle Paint - Clear Rock Candy
Lindy's Spray
Versacolor Ultimate Pigment Ink
VersaMagic Chalk Ink Pad
Tsuineko Chalk Ink
Lindy's Stamp Gang
Viva Modeling Cream


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...