Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Altered Mason Jars

Hello, fellow crafters, today I am here to share with you two of the altered Mason Jars I have created for a fall bazaar.

 
These are two of the Mason Jars. I first placed the candle stick on the base of the mason jar, then colored the jars a light yellow, using food coloring & mod podge. After I let them dry, I cut some images from graphic 45 paper 3 1/2" X 12" paper. One jar I used Old Curiosity Shop & the other one I used the French Country line. 


I added a hand crafted flower to the center front of the jar, adding embellishments to the front of the flower as well as tucked in behind the flower. This jar I placed a key & lock from Gina's, then stuffing behind the flower, a dress form, an antique chair,  derby hat, a top hat & flourishes. I then added tags from the paper line,  and finished the jar with a black ribbon tied into a bow on the rim of the lid.


Close up of the embellishments.


Jar #2
I added a hand crafted flower to the center front of the jar, adding embellishments to the front of the flower as well as tucked in behind the flower. Then, behind the flower, I placed a dress form,  derby hat, top hat & wings, along with tags from the paper line. I finished the jar with a black ribbon tied into a bow on the rim of the lid, and placed trim on the top & bottom of the paper. The bottom trim is from Craftsupplies1.
 

Close up of the front of jar #2.

Supplies Used:
Gina's Designs:

Dressforms 1 Miniature Shape Set

Steampunk Shape Set

Miniatures Shape Set - Guy Thing

Other Items Used

Craftsupplies1 Trims 

Graphic 45 Paper

Hand Crafted Flowers Made by Myself, Kathi


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...