Sunday, November 9, 2014

Altered Brush Caddy

Today we have some dual projects by our designers, Debbie and Lynne, first up is Debbie, with her Brush Caddy!
 
Hi Everyone!  Debbie with you today to share my Altered Brush Caddy. I decorated this to sit on my scrap table, I've been cramming all my brushes in with my tools and pencils and this is the perfect answer to separate my brushes.

I started out by using Ivory acrylic paint to paint the Brush Caddy an then covered it with Graphic 45 paper.


I used the Mini Flourishes Bella on the front and top. I started out gessoing the flourishes and then inked them with gray ink.  I then embossed them with ultra thick embossing powder and sprayed with black Heidi Swap Color Shine.  I rubbed them with Deco Art Metallic Rub in Black Shimmer.


This is the back of the box and as you can see I just added some modeling paste and embossed it with coordinating powder.  After I completed everything I added a little gesso to tone it down.

Be sure to go by Gina's store for this fun Brush Caddy and to see all the great new products Gina has just released.
Thanks for stopping by Gina's blog today!!

Debbie
 
Now over to Lynne with her Recipe Mini Album....

Well, I'm thrilled to say that this little album is my first finished handmade Christmas gift for 2014! My daughter recently moved away from home and has emailed me asking for several recipes, so I thought it would be nice for her to have her favourites compiled together, and this Cutout Cover Mini Album was absolutely perfect!


                            

 I painted the incredibly cute cover piece with charcoal grey acrylic paint, then stamped with Versamark ink and embossed it with black detail embossing powder to give it dimension and shine.


 The paper line I used was mostly Basic Gray's Out of Print which has a fun funky feel and lively colours. For photos of the album's individual pages, please stop by my blog, which you can find at
http://scrappysquirrelsnest.blogspot.ca/

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderfully creative day!

Gina's Items Used

Cut Out Cover Mini Album-Recipes

other items used

Basic Gray Out of Print papers
Versamark Ink 
Black embossing powder
acrylic paint
misc. ribbon pieces
binder` rings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...