Thursday, November 20, 2014

Christmas Kitties House Shadowbox by Nancy & Let It Snow Layout by Melissa

Happy Thursday everyone! Today we have two designers up with some Christmas themed projects. First up is Nancy with her Kitty Cat Shadowbox.

Hi Everyone, Nancy here!  Today I'm sharing another of my favorite pieces, our house shadow box.  I've decorated this one especially for one of my kitty loving friends as a Christmas gift.

 After assembling the shadowbox, I painted it with gesso and applied Tim Holtz tissue tape in music note pattern to the edges.  The inside of the niches, and the outside of the shadow box were papered with a printable digital paper in a vintage Christmas pattern.

 I filled the box mainly with fussy cut digital images that I found on Pinterest, or purchased on Etsy, and handmade little books which I created from free digital files.  The smaller of our layered chipboard fireplaces fits perfectly in the larger square of the box, and I thought it added a cozy feel.

The lamppost at the upper right is also by Gina's Designs, and is available in the store as a larger piece than shown here.  I had requested that this smaller version be custom cut for me.  The shadow box was cut at a depth of 1 1/2 inches by request.  The standard depth is 2 inches, but you can request it be cut to fit your needs as I did.


Gina's Designs Products Used:

Fireplace (coming to the store soon)

Other:
Vintage Christmas digital paper kit by Crafty Secrets
Wooden vintage cat icons by Pork Chop Show on Etsy


Next we have Melissa with her snowy layout!

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a 12 x 12 mixed media layout for Gina's Chipboard Laser Designs.


The snowman, title, and tree go with the photo pretty well, don't you think? I especially love the intricate detail on the tree.



To decorate the chipboard I first prepped them with gesso. I experimented with the snowman, trying to get a lot of texture. I put on:
1. Texture paste , make some swirls in it with a small paint brush. Let dry.
2. pale blue watercolor paint,let dry
3. viva decor metallic paint in pearl,let dry
4. It wasn't white enough so I applied white puffy paint
5. utee while the puffy paint was wet
6. heat till puffed up
7. sprinkle on some clear glass glitter

The scarf is blue watercolor over swirled texture paste, then viva modeling cream, and silver pearlex powder.

For the hat, I pressed it on a black ink pad. I put on glossy accents, followed by white pearlex .

For the title, I used pale blue watercolor, then a thick layer of Viva white metallic paint. I topped it off with a thick layer of Distress Crackle Paint. I put some silver stickles around the edges.

For the tree, I put on texture paste in a small blobs. I pulled and twisted them lengthwise with a straight pin, to make it look like tree bark. I painted on a coat of pale brown watercolor, followed by a coat of silver ink on the raised areas. I rubbed some blue-purple pearlex powder on the "ridges", then another layer of silver ink.


Thanks for looking!

Chipboard used:

Other:
Paper from Pink Paislee and UHK Gallery
Gesso
Viva Modeling Cream, in pearl
Lindy's Spray
Viva Color Precious Metal Effect Paint,in white
Foam core board
Utee(ultra thick embossing powder)
Clear glass glitter
Plaid Liquid Leaf Silver Paint
Jaquard Pearlex Powder
Distress Crackle Paint - Clear Rock Candy
Windsor and Newton Watercolors
Swarovski pointed back crystals
Pearl swirl by Prima





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...