Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Layout by Melissa and Halloween Home Decor by Nancy


First up is Melissa, with a bright and beautiful layout, that is reminiscent of The Roaring Twenties.


Hi Melissa here for Gina's Chipboard Laser Designs

I thought this beautiful chipboard frame was just right for this photo of Louise Brooks, a famous film star of the 1920's.  

 I painted the frame with the following:
1. Gesso
2.  A mix of green and brown watercolor on the whole frame.
3.  A mix of red and green watercolors on the circle part of the frame. 
4.  A coat of Glossy Accents
5. Twinkling H20s in green on the leaves and vines.


Thanks for looking!

Chipboard used:

Other:
Pink Paislee Paper
Petaloo flowers
Glossy Accents
Winton and Lewis Watercolors
Watercolor paper
Sizzix with Tattered Florals
Red Swarovski crytals
Twinkling H20s
Prima Bling


Next up is Nancy to share some spooky Halloween Home Decor.


This Standing Dome from the Home Decor section of our store, comes in two styles.  This one has a solid back and the other style has a framed opening at the back.  I love both of them, but this one in particular, because it does remind me of a tombstone.  The piece wasn't designed for Halloween necessarily, but I couldn't help myself.  The 4-inch depth seemed like such a likely spot for these skeletons to hang out.  


I painted the assembled piece black, then dry brushed some orange in places.  I also adhered some packaged spider webbing from the Halloween section of the dollar store with gel medium for extra texture, and melted it into the paints with my heat gun.  I also spread on a bit of glass bead gel and brass colored distress paint.  For the mossy look I added green acrylic paint with a dry brush.   I don't usually start with a plan, I just keep adding color and texture until I achieve the look I want.

Gina's Designs Products Used:

Collage Sheet Images by:
Seneca Pond Crafts
Alpha Stamps





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...