Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Steampunk Canvas by Lynne

Hi! This is Lynne with an 8x10 canvas featuring lots of Gina's chipboard goodies!

 
I started off  Mod Podging some crumpled tissue paper onto the canvas then added texture paste, acrylic paint and mist. I couldn't get the colors quite right so I ran to my local scrapbook store, where my lovely friend Marie set me up with a package of gelatos, which helped me get the  background I had in mind. The chippies were treated with a variety of materials; the balloon and chain were done with aged copper embossing powder, which really brought out the awesome shapes of the pieces.

 
 I just love this combination of chain and gears, it's so steampunk-y cool!


        For a more grungy look, I used distress embossing powder on the gears.
 
These great chipboard pieces inspired me to finally cut into the steampunk paper that I had been hoarding forever, and make a little something for my scrap room door, hurray!
Thanks for the visit and have an awesomely creative day!
Chain and Gears Frame
 
Other Items Used
Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante Paper
Stampendous Embossing Powders
Gelatos
Tissue Paper
 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...