Friday, September 5, 2014

Fall Banner by Kim and Tags by Debbie

Hi Crafters!  Today we have two designers on the blog.  First up is Kim with one of our new products for the Fall season.


Hi Friends! Well, its hard to believe that summer is over and we are now going into my favorite season of the year, Fall. Gina's Designs has created this very cool Fall Banner to decorate your autumn spaces. It can be configured into many different ways to suit your space, I chose to display my banner vertically to fit my front door. The banner comes with 2 rakes, but I have only used one for this project, and saved the other one to use on something else.


I love the layered effect you can create with this banner, as the letters are already cut out for you, and you can show off some great Autumn papers when you decorate your piece. Here I have used some really pretty paper with lots of lovely fall colors. For the rake I used some black acrylic paint then went over it with some silver Gilders Paste.

 





I chose to have some fun with the leaves and background of the banner. In the left photo below, you can see I painted the leaf a brown tone, then used some of my water soluble pastels to draw veins in the leaves and finished them off with some of the Shimmerz Dimensionz Paint to give them texture, I just love the effect!


I then got out some fun Fall themed stamps and some coordinating embossing powders adding texture to the  banner piece, and just the right touch to finish off the project.

Thanks so much for looking and don't forget to check out all the cool Autumn themed items in Gina's Store!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items Used
Ranger Embossing Powders
Kaisercraft Miss Empire Paper
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Neo Colour Water Soluble Pastels
Martha Stewart Paint
Seam Binding from my Stash
Dimensional Butterfly Stickers from Dollar Tree
Gilders Paste Silver

Next up is Debbie with some gorgeous mixed media tags.

Hi everyone!  Debbie here today to share my tag set.  Adding mixed media is always fun and right now it's the technique everyone loves.  Here in Wyoming it's feeling Fallish....cool mornings warm days.  We are still enjoying the mid 70's,  but the mornings are dipping into the mid 40's and of course it's getting darker earlier.  Well I played off early Fall colors and that's how I came up with the color palette for these tags.  In the Summer/Fall we have numerous dragonflies preparing for their flight to the next place they will live.  Dragonflies are interesting insects.  If your google them you will indeed be amazed.



Most Dragonflies I've encountered are blue--turquoise blue.  So pretty!  So I tried to replicate them .  I made the Stacked Words match.








I began by spraying the background of the tag with early fall colors leaving some green.
I did a little stamping and then added some stenciling with modeling paste.  

I painted all the lazer cuts with black acrylic paint and then rubbed Inka Gold in various colors over each one.  I added some adhesive gems and called it good.

I'll leave you with the word Inspire and hope it's Inspired you to create something with these awesome chipboard  pieces by Gina's Designs.

To create this tag set you will need Gina's Designs Word Stackers and Butterflies and Dragonflies

Thanks for stopping by Gina's Designs blog today!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...