Monday, September 15, 2014

A Steampunk Photo Frame by Kathi and a Steampunk Scarecrow by Dianna

Hi Crafty Friends!  Today we have two designers on the blog, and both with projects in a Steampunk Style.  First up today is Kathi.

Hello, welcome Kathi here to share with you a different take on the Victorian Easel Frame, I  enjoyed putting a different take on this photo frame,

Finished Frame

Finished Easel

With Photo

Video of Steampunk Frame

Supplies used:

Black Gesso
Mod Podge
Tim Holtz - Metal Gears

Thanks for sharing this time with us, have a blessed day with an over abundance of creativity.

Next up is Dianna with her really fun version of our chipboard scarecrow.

Hi everyone, Dianna here with a my take on Gina's Designs Chipboard Scarecrow.

I decided to really change it up and make it a girl.

I trimmed the waist and curved the chest of the main form and the jacket.

I stayed traditional with the face and pants by using burlap paper. Burlap is so much easier to use as a paper and still allows for the nice fraying on the edges. The hair was made up of burlap ribbon and some springy ribbon from Paper Studio. The eyes are two gears from Gina's Designs with brads as centers of the eyes and nose. I distressed the edges of the face with Tim Holtz, Distress Ink. The main body was covered with a metallic gold paper and inked with bronze chalk ink.

The ruffle was made by punching with a ruffle 1-1/2 inch on metallic bronze paper. The circles were squirted with water folded in half and folded fan like then dried. Once dried, the half circles were inked and glued on the main body of the scarecrow. Found some really cool paper at Hobby Lobby and used that for the jacket and skirt. The jacket was inked with bronze, silver and gold chalk ink and then glued to the main body. The gears, crow and keys from Gina's Designs were painted with white gesso, then painted with bronze and gold paint and finished with inking with brown. Copic markers were used on the crow to get the feather effect. I liked how the bronze showed through the grays so I did not add gears to the crow. Scrap braiding was used for the edges of the jacket and the keys were used to close it. Buttons were from Tuesday Morning gold button lot.

The skirt was punched with a scalloped punch, squirted with water and fan folded while damp. After drying, the skirt was glued on to the inked pants. Gears were glued on the pants as patches and the ruffles at the ends of the pants and jacket were left over scalloped circle punches from the ruffle shirt.

The body was then glued to a Gina's Designs large tag that had been covered with burlap paper and inked with bronze, brown and gold chalk ink. The large black gear is from Gina's Designs and the burlap flower was made fom a Tim Holtz Sizzix die. Each section of the flower was inked with Tim Holtz Distress Paint in bronze, silver and gold. The face of the scarecrow was glued last and everything was spritzed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Gold. Ribbons from The Paper Studio were used as tassels.

Items Used

Gina's Designs
Scarecrow Wall Decor
Gears Shape Set
Keys and Plates Shape Set
Chipboard Decorative Tags X Large
Fall Shape Set

Hobby Lobby
Burlap Paper - Paper Studio
Ribbon - Paper Studio
Bronze Paper
Gold Paper
Decorative Papers

Dew Drop
Brilliance Ink
Cosmic Copper
Starlite Silver
Galaxy Gold
Pearlescence Rust

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...