Saturday, October 10, 2015

Halloween Door Owl by Dianna

Hi Everyone, Dianna here with a Halloween door owl.  I used Gina's Designs Door Owl and  Graphic 45's Steampunk Spells. 


I spray painted the owl with black paint.  While I waited for the paint to dry, I punched about 250 feathers out.  It seems like a lot of work but it only took about one hour total.  On the solid color feathers I used a Gelly Roll Pen to create "feather" lines.  After the paint dried, I used black and orange Stickles on the head of the owl, which I dubbed Clarence.  



Clarence's wings were traced and cut out of Graphic 45's Time Flies paper. I then fussy cut two extra for the eyes. The bow was cut from a 1-inch strip of paper.  I glued it in a circle then pinched the middle, cut two tabs on the sides then used and extra strip to wrap around the middle. I then used a strip of scrap envelope (one that was sent to me) and glued it to the middle of Clarence.  I did this in order to give the feathers a better base to stick to.  I inked all of the feathers (including the black ones). 


I traced the top hat on Graphic 45's Steampunk Spells.  I used a black velvet ribbon, a black rosette, and black feathers.  The orange ribbon and orange feathers for a pop of color. The silver spider finishes the hat.   


I used gears for Clarence's nose, which were inked black.  I cut a gear in 1/2 and inked that as well.  I painted the eyes orange and because it was such a bright orange I inked the whole circle.  I used the two clocks as eyes and used metals clock hands.  

Items Used

Gina's Designs
Door Owl - Coming Soon

Graphic 45
Steampunk Spells

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh! How adorable is this!! I love your hooty hoot owl! He has the vintagy feel to him and is just too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! By the second row of feathers everything changed and I went steampunk with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...