Thursday, November 12, 2015

Romantic Cards

Hello everyone!  Barbara here with a couple of mixed media cards to share.  I love working with Gina's Designs Lasercuts chipboard because it is so easy to make beautiful cards.  I have a complete step-by-step tutorial on my blog if you are interested.  Otherwise, here is a quick explanation.


For both cards, I used paper from the same Kaisercraft pad and acrylic paints to color the chipboard.

On the Love card, I colored cut sections from the Swirled Hearts Texture Sheet  with blue, buff, and red acrylic paint and adhered them to the card front, as shown. 

I colored the half Intricate Cardstock Doily with blue, green and buff paint, which I layered onto a scrap circle of corrugated cardboard.  The word Love was colored with red and buff acrylic paint and adhered to a label from the paper pad, along with Rose Leaves that were colored with blue, green and buff acrylic paints.  A butterfly and gem swirls were added, as shown.



For the second card, Lost In You, the same acrylic colors were used as in the first card.  However, a slight change was made when coloring the peacock feather   After adding blue, green and buff paint, I then coated the feather with a mix of interference gold and red.  

Two banner shaped papers were distressed and adhered before layering the half Intricate Cardstock Doily and chipboard pieces Lost in You phrase and peacock feather. Lastly, flowers and a butterfly were added to finish it off.


Gina's Designs Lasercuts supplies used:

Other supplies used:

Kaisercraft paper pad
Acrylic paints
Paper flowers and butterflies

I hope you enjoyed my cards today and will check out all the wonderful chipboard products at Gina's Designs Lasercuts.  You will also find more inspiration from the design team there.  You won't be disappointed.  

Have a wonderful and creative weekend!

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Barbara!! I do love the design, layers and chippies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...