Monday, November 9, 2015

Gingerbread people banner by Lynne

Hi there! I had so much fun creating my little gingerbread house album a few weeks back  that I decided to create a coordinating banner using the same papers with the adorable little gingerbread people from Gina's. When I set up my Christmas decorations in a couple weeks I'll display them together.


I painted the figures with light brown acrylic paint then sponged them with a reddish brown for a lightly mottled "baked cookie" effect. The clothes were cut from paper and attached to the chipboard clothing bases then I added little embellishments and details. I used a pearl pen for the icing lines here and there.The snowflakes are from the Winter shape set and were primed with gesso then painted with pearl acrylic paint. The candies are from the gingerbread house mini album package. I painted them deep red then mounted them onto cardstock which was painted with the same pearl paint as the snowflakes.



I just attached everything to a piece of green jute for a simple homespun feel. Check out the crazy red feather hair on the little girl in the lower photo - I had some fun with the details!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderfully creative week!

Gina's Items Used

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...