Monday, November 16, 2015

Amazing - Mixed Media Layout by Lynne

Hi there and greetings from beautiful (but cold) British Columbia! I'm here visiting my dad who hasn't been all that well and just before I left home, I created this tribute page with a photo of Dad taken by his best friend last year and lots of Gina's chipboard goodies!

I started with a corrugated background and added some sand paste for texture. The chipboard and metal pieces were painted grey like the background and then attached to it. I added layers of mist and a bit of spattered acrylic paint as well as a little random stamping.

Don't toss the punch-out negative pieces that come with texture sheets like the Brick wall: they make awesome embellishments as well! The brick pieces were covered with silver texture paste then lightly rubbed with black ink.
 
I love this chain piece and added some extra tan mist to make it stand out; I wasn't especially careful about getting mist on the edges of the photo because I thought it would add to the grungy and masculine feel (although I did mask the center of the photo)

I used several of Gina's gears as well as a couple metal ones and clustered them along with a Tim Holtz compass piece which was left unpainted for contrast.


Thanks for visiting-stay warm and have yourself a wonderful week!

Gina's Items Used

Other Items Used
Tim Holtz metal arrow, gears and compass
Prima clock
Mister Hueys, Heidi Swapp, Perfect Pearls and Tattered Angels Mists




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...