Thursday, May 29, 2014

Layout by Melissa and Graduation Card Box by Heidi

First up today we have a gorgeous textural mixed media layout by Melissa.

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a layout using Gina's Designs Lasercuts.
I have scrapped a photo of a cousin visiting from Sweden, his girlfriend, and my Father-in-Law.
On this layout, I used texture paste on one of our texture sheets, using it as a stencil.  I painted the raised areas with silk acrylics, and outlined them with a gel pen.  On the gears chipboard I painted with gesso, followed by copper pigment ink, gold lumieres, a bit of Vintaj patina, and more lumieres in blue.  I put a layer of  Utee over everything, and rubbed a little gold perfect pearls on the raised areas.
There are a few pieces of bamboo leaves that I painted with gesso, chalk ink, and silk acrylic. I coated the surface with magic medium, and I brushed a little deco paint pen on.  For the crow at the bottom left, I used gesso, texture paste for feathers, and black acrylic paint.  I coated it with glossy accents, and I rubbed on a few colors of jaquard mica powders.  For the honeycomb at the upper left, I used gesso, and glossy accents.  While the glue was wet I poured on embossing powder. I didn't follow with a heat gun, preferring the way it looked dry.  Thanks for looking!



Chipboard used:


Other products used:
Pink Paislee paper
Prima flowers, brads, and script stamp
A small piece of Winter is Coming paper by UHK Gallery
Tim Holtz gear, rub-ons, and crackle accents
Twinkle H20s
lumieres
Silk Acrylics
Tsuineko chalk inks
Crayola glitter glue
Stickles
glass glitter
Dry stickles
Magic Medium by Mod Podge

Next up is Heidi with a fun and unusual graduation themed project.

 Hello all my friends.  Today is kind of a sad day for me as this will be my last post for Gina's Designs.  I have really enjoyed this team as the product is something different than what I was used to using, very nice quality and very versatile as well.  And most of all, Gina is such a generous owner and is eager to work with the design team to let them give ideas and design things with her.  So I will miss this team.....  but will surely check back and see how everyone is doing!  


  So on to the project which is a graduation  card box.  I had been seeing these with flowers and my first thought was to use the graduation set which is a set that I had asked Gina to design for us and then Heidi's stars, which I designed and Gina put into work for me (and I adore them!).  I did this one in Red and Black for my son's graduation as these are his school colors.  The graduation items I spray painted and the stars I used some Adirondack paint.  
Here is a closer picture of the box using the graduation hat and a little stickles on the tassle!  I also added a few little twirlies that are just cardstock rolled around a pencil- I thought it was cute to add the little extra fillers.  

Gina's Designs Products: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...