Saturday, May 24, 2014

China Cabinet by Shanna and House Shrine Box by Marfa


First up today is Shanna with a beautiful and practical storage solution.

Hi everyone, it's Shanna here today to share a fun project.  I love storage and this China Cabinet is amazing!


I covered everything using some Tim Holtz papers for a vintage look.


I numbered the boxes and colored them to match the papers.


I filled it with a few knick knacks from my goodie containers to showcase the inside.


Here you can see the inside of the bins. Big enough for lots of goodies. 


Thanks so much for looking!


 Next up is Marfa with an adorable home decor project.


Good morning chickadees!  Happy Saturday :-)  Today I want to show you a House Shrine Box from Gina's Designs.  I am using it to display some of my 3D quilling.  I began by covering it with modeling paste and I drew some designs on it for visual effect and texture.  I used a very thin layer so it dried fairly quickly.  Then I painted it with Adirondack ink.  Inside I covered everything with scrapbook paper.  I also created a shelf out of cardboard so I could display more quilled items.  The finishing touch was some pretty flowers.



This project was very easy to put together.  You do not need to be an expert crafter to do it and its going to look great on a shelf, or on your desk.

Supplies:


Other Supplies:

Modeling paste
Adirondack ink
Prima flowers
scrapbook paper
Gorilla wood glue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...