Monday, April 21, 2014

Shuttered Window Frame by Nancy and Photo Reel by Veronica

Hi everyone!  We have two projects to share today.  First up is Nancy with a home decor item.

Hi, Nancy here!  Today I'm sharing this shuttered window frame by Gina's Designs.  This gorgeous piece is so versatile, and can be decorated to go with anyone's decor and style.  I decided to decorate mine in a vintage beach theme with old family photos of my Mom, my Brother, and Myself.  We spent most of our Summer days at Crane's Beach in Ipswich, MA., and those memories are among my favorite from my childhood.  I tried to invoke those feelings of tranquility when I created this, and to recreate the scene as I remember it.  Thanks for looking!



Beach Shape Set


Next up is Veronica sharing an adorable wall decor project she created using one of our large sized Photo Reels.

Hello Again! Veronica here to show off another fun and truly simple project from Gina's Designs!
The Photo Reel brings me back to when I was a little girl, when my first love of picture taking began.
These are now coming back into the art world, and I have to admit I still have some of these in my parents attic somewhere packed away. That will be a treasure hunt adventure to find!
I chose to work with the Page Frame Photo Reel which is large enough to be the focal point on a 12 x 12 layout or canvas.  I wanted to make a wall hanging to display my love of black cats. The Photo Reel comes in three other sizes, standard, small and miniature.
"Pawprints on my heart", you can find in Gina's Words & Phrases.
Not much to complete this project....gotta love simple!
I just covered the Photo Reel with a thin layer of White Acrylic paint, and then inked the edges and the Pawprint phrase with Archival Ink's Jet Black.
I then sprinkled with black glitter.
Love the simple way I can display all my Black Kitty photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...