Saturday, April 26, 2014

Memory Tray by Shanna and Cards by Marfa

First up today is Shanna to share a very cool and beachy project!

Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Welcome!!!

Shanna here sharing a super fun and amazing project I recently created. 
I used to be a beach bum and was at the beach daily, but where I live now the beach is 3 hours away!!! 

I have sworn to bring the beach to my home, and so far my fireplace mantle and one bathroom has been beached out!  Now for the powder room. I decided to create this specifically to decorate my powder room so people have something to gaze at besides a sink. 

The memory tray got a couple coats of a cream colored acrylic paint and the chipboard pieces got a coat of gesso. 


After the gesso on the chipboard dried I added some glass bead gel and color by spray or chalk ink.


Yes there must always be rules even if they are just for having fun!


Items Used:


Next up is Marfa, with simple to create, but beautiful cards for Mother's Day.  

Good morning, sweet face!  I am so happy to finally be able to show you the two Mother's Day cards that I made this year!  I usually make only two Mother's Day cards each year, so I try to make them very special.  Let me tell you a little secret.  Come here...closer...cccllloooosssseeerrrr... for the longest time this year I just couldn't get my card making mojo going.  BUT I knew one thing for sure.  I wanted to use the chippie roses that I got in my design team package from Gina's Designs.  I really fell I love with these roses at first sight.

After a while of frustrating trial and error I realized that I was actually fighting the changes within my style.  I just couldn't get excited about making something really complicated and busy because I have been changing towards clean and simple for a quite a while already.  So I did something really simple.  I painted the chipboard pieces with a gold paint pen, except for the butterflies.  I used a red paint pen for those.  Then I covered them with a glitter pen for a big, in your face glitterfying! I also covered the butterflies and the little heart with Crackle Accent.  Why?  I don't know, just because.   One rub on sticker and one clear sticker finished everything.  I used matte photo paper and a glittery mulberry paper to make the card itself.   Its hard to glue things to mulberry paper, so I used hot glue and that worked very well.  Scroll down for a short video and a list of supplies.






Gina's Designs Supplies List:


Other Supplies:
matte photo paper
 mulberry paper
 gold paint pen
red paint pen
 glitter pen
 Crackle Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...