Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Art Journal Page by Mary M

 WOW! March 31. Where did this month go? I hope this post finds you all well and ready for some wonderful spring (or fall for some of you) days! I know I am ready for windows to be open. Today I have another art journal page. Yes, I do believe these are my new addiction. I call this one "Bloom Where You R Planted."
For this one I took a couple of sheets out of a large dictionary that was going to hit the trash.  I cut the pages into strips of different sizes and adhered them to the page with a glue/water mix. Gesso was lightly brushed over the top and allowed to dry before I played around with watercolors. The Prima doll was stamped directly to the page and was colored in with watercolor crayons, paint and marker. Instead of legs, I gave her a stem.
The dragonflies were embossed with Orbit Olive Gold. I used a combination of paint, ink and marker on the flowers and planter. The letters were put on white card stock and I used ink and chalk to define them. 
Thanks for stopping by the blog today.
 Tomorrow Deann is up with the new monthly challenge for Gina's Designs Craft Group on Facebook! And don't forget, this is the month all of our new designers and educators will make their debut!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items Used:
Gesso
Page from a dictionary
Watered down Glue
Crayola watercolor paints
Stampin' Up watercolor crayons
Distress Inks: Bundled Sage, Broken China, Milled Lavender
Alpha stickers from stash
Prima doll stamp
Rubbermoon Art Stamp
Pretty Blooms Stamp Set by Scrappy Cat
Markers
Chalk
Acrylic Paint:Lemon Yellow, Deep Yellow, Medium Yellow, Violet, Portrait Pink, Leaf Green, Dark Green, Limonaide
Orbit Olive Gold by Lindy's Stamp Gang
Bling from stash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...