Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Layouts by Nancy and by Donna for our August Cross Promotional

Hello Friends!  Today we have two projects to share, both are part of our August cross promotional with Kitty's Scrap Post.  First up is Nancy with a vintage Paris themed project combining Gina's Designs chipboard with papers from the Heartbreak Kit by Kitty's Scrap Post.


Hi Crafty Friends, it's Nancy here!  Today I'm sharing a layout I created using Gina's Designs chipboard and a digital paper kit from Kitty's Scrap Post.  I really enjoy printing my own papers, it's so much more versatile.  This paper kit is gorgeous combined with some Parisian chipboard shapes from Gina's Designs.  I'd been wanting to use our large chipboard Eiffel tower, as well as the pen and ink set, so I was really excited when I saw this paper.   I really love using the unfinished wooden frames from Michael's to enhance my layouts and to give me more room to play with some mixed media techniques.  

To decorate my frame on this project, I printed out some of the design paper onto tissue paper and decoupaged it around the frame.  I simply place  double stick tape on each end of a sheet of printer paper (I used my ATG gun), then lay a sheet of tissue paper over it.  Trim off excess tissue paper before inserting the sheet into your printer.  Over the decoupage I added gesso, and stenciling with crackle paste, and a little stamping here and there.  I also fussy cut some of the elements from the collage sheets included in the kit and incorporated them into my layout and around the frame.  I used my photo printer with matte photo paper to print the vintage lady image which is also included in the kit.  I created the flowers at the bottom right of the frame using dies and leftover scraps of paper from the collection.  


Gina's Designs Products Used:
Eiffel Tower - 8 inch
Pen and Ink Shape Set
Texture Sheet - Diamonds

Design paper by Kitty's Scrap Post
Heartbreak Full Kit


Next up is Donna who has also chosen a Paris theme for her project, but using different papers for a completely different look.

Hi Everyone, it's Donna here!  This month we were able to use some of the beautiful papers from Kitty's Scrap Post along with Gina's chipboard to create our projects! I used some of Gina's beautiful Parisian shapes with The French Seamstress collection from Kitty's Scrap Post.

The photo in my layout made me think of the special relationship we have with our very close friends, and this quote:
"The only way to have a friend is to be one"
Ralph Waldo Emerson


I used heat embossing powders and glass glitter on the Parisian chipboard shapes.



 I made two charms with 1 inch circle images that come in the paper kit with Gina's punch elements scalloped chipboard.  They are so cute and fun to make!  They can coordinate with any project because you use a 1 inch circle punch with any paper you want to use!  Many of the digital paper collections at Kitty's Scrap Post have 1 inch circle images all ready for you to simply punch out and mount on Gina's punch elements chipboard set. .


I use pop dots/squares on almost every project to add some dimension, especially when using chipboard pieces. I will use them under the chipboard pieces and/or under the surrounding embellishments.  Try it and see the difference it makes!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you will try making some charms for your next project!

Gina's Designs


Other Products
Pink lace - Tresors de Luxe
Hat pin - Little Scrap Shop
Paper doilies
Pink flowers - Petaloo Botanical collection
Doily stencil
Lightweight spackling





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...