Thursday, August 28, 2014

C-R-E-A-T-E Dovetail Banner by Mary and a Layout by Debbie

First up today is Mary to show you how she has decorated one of our banner kits.  Other styles of banner kits are also available in the store.

Hello everyone. I hope you are all well today. This is Mary and I  have one of Gina's fun banners for you today. This is the C-R-E-A-T-E Dovetail Banner. I have the banner hanging over the area that I keep things I made or that others have made and sent to me. (Excuse the beam - yes my craft room is now in the basement.)

The doilies are from the Doily Box - Sew wall hanging set. I inked them lightly with Vintage Photo and Antique Linen. The letters are embossed and  then attached them to the banner with pop dots.

Thank you for stopping by Gina's blog today!

Gina's Designs Products Used

Other Products Used
Gesso
Paint: Folk Art - Linen & Americana - Poodleskirt Pink & Craft Essentials - White
Embossing Powder: Stampendous-Aged Rose & Zing! - Chestnut
Ink: Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Vintage Paper
Eyelets: Stash
Twine: Stash

Next up is Debbie with a 12 x 12 layout and a chipboard technique to share.

Hello Everyone! Debbie with you today to share a fun and quick technique using Gina's Designs Laser Cuts.

The technique I used on this flourished frame was one I have never tried before.  Here's what I did.
1. Painted the frame with aqua/turquoise acrylic paint
2. Outlined the flourishes with Perfect Pearls.  I used Pearly White color
3. I heat embossed the Perfect Pearls which caused them to bubble up and add more texture
4. I went over the dry Perfect Pearls with Versa Mark and used Turquoise embossing powder over the top.
5. I rubbed everything with Inka Gold in Turquoise and Old Silver.


You can see on the layout that I used coordinating cardstock for my photo matting and coordianated my embellishments to match.



I used Gina's Laser Cuts 10" Frame

Hope you enjoyed this technique and thanks for stopping by Gina's Designs Blog today!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...