Monday, August 18, 2014

Halloween Steampunk Hat by Deann and Fall layout by Donna

Hello Friends!  We have two designers sharing projects today, both projects celebrating the upcoming Autumn months.  First up is Deann.

Good morning Deann here with a Gina's Designs project.  Today I'm sharing a Steampunk hat.

 I used Gina's Texture Sheet Gears as a stencil to get the Gears onto the hat. I plan on making a photo tutorial soon, to show how I acheived the effect.
 I also used lots of chipboard shapes from the Gears Shape Set. To get the rusted look, I used the Distress paint dabber in Expresso, I dabbed it all over the gear, leaving some of the raw chipboard showing, let it dry and then rubbed Vintage photo Distress Ink all over it. 
I applied the same rusting technique to the Clock Hands.
This was so much fun to make! I can't wait for Halloween to get here so I can display it on my fireplace mantle! Thanks for looking and I hope I inspired you to get your Steampunk on :)
(((HUGS)))
Deann
Gina's Designs Products used:
Gears Shape Set
Clock Hands Shape Set
Texture Sheet Gears
Other Products used:
Mask from Craftsupplies1


Next up is Donna with a 12 x 12 layout also representing the colors of Autumn.


Hi, it's Donna! Today I am sharing a Fall layout using several pieces of Gina's chipboard flourishes.  There are several beautiful sets to choose from! I love to use them to create the feel of movement on the page.


I painted the flourishes with gesso, and then with a mixture of Shimmerz texture paint (arti choked) and Tattered Angels glimmer paint (palm leaf). I lightly sprayed Ranger color wash spray mist (meadow) on top.


The words are from the Words & Phrases 2 set, and painted with brown crackle paint. 

Gina's Designs


Other products

Maja papers - Walking in the Forest
Reneabouquets - Tiny Treasures butterflies  
Petaloo Botanical flowers
Prima Bella Notte flowers
Ranger color wash mist spray
Burlap
Distressed Stickles



Thank you so much for taking a look! Have a good week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...