Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Shadowbox Frame with Layout by Nancy and Tags by Dianna

Hello Crafters!  Today we have two designers sharing projects.  First up is Nancy with a vintage style layout inside of a wooden shadowbox.  


Hi everyone, it's Nancy here!  Today I'm sharing a project that is personal to me.   The main photo is me as a little girl, with Mom in the oval frame.  I'm calling this piece "The Dressmaker's Daughter".  When I was young, my Mom made all of my dresses and I used to model them in fashion show competitions.  I really enjoyed it, and I continued modeling on department store runways well into my 20's.  

This project began with an unfinished shadowbox frame I purchased at Michael's.  I painted the frame with gesso,  then I did some stenciling with modeling paste, some stamping and some spraying until I got the look I wanted.   I placed sewing themed chipboard shapes all around the frame.  I decorated the shapes pretty simply with a light dry brushing of gesso, a little inking of the edges with Distress Ink, and then stamped with a script stamp.   

 The papers I used on the layout are from the French Seamstress Kit at Kitty's Scrap Post.  I really love this digital paper kit and this is my second project using it.  I also did some fussy cutting of elements from the kit like spools, thimbles, birdcage, flowers, etc, and of course you'll find plenty of Gina's chippies on it too.  The shadowbox is fairly deep so I added measuring tape and some wooden spools to the inside.   Thanks for looking!




Gina's Design Products Used:


Design paper by Kitty's Scrap Post - The French Seamstress Kit
Latex roses in two tone blue on upper right of layout by Craftsupplies1
Lace Appliques by Cathy's Crazy by Design on Etsy


Next up is Dianna sharing two of our X Large Chipboard Tags.  These are big tags with plenty of room to play, and Dianna has combined our chipboard shapes with Julie Nutting stamps to make these gorgeous creations.

Hi Everyone, Dianna here!  This is my first post as part of Gina's Designs team and I am so excited! I had two birthdays this month to make cards for but decided to make tags instead. Both Birthdays were on the same day. One was my daughters 21st Birthday and the second one was a friend who loves all things vintage and Paris. You will probably figure out which one is which. :)



 For the "21" tag above, I used two different Gina's Designs Cardstock Doilies behind the Stamp because I liked the look. The top two butterflies are Gina's Designs and I used coordinating paper and glued the paper on the lazer cuts, fussycut around them,  and used Distress ink in Tea Dye around the edges.  I colored the "Happy Birthday" and the bottom butterfly with Copics, then glittered with Stickles.

For the Paris tag,  I wanted the look to be old fashioned and vintage.  I colored the corset with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, daubing lightly so some of the natural chipboard still showed through.  I sewed the corset ties through the holes with white thread and a regular sewing needle.  The Eiffel Tower was also colored by lightly daubing with Distress Ink.

Gina's Designs Products Used:


Thanks for looking!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...