Monday, July 28, 2014

Artist Trading Blocks by Dianna and a Layout by Donna

Hello Crafters!  Today we have two projects to share, first up are more of our Artist Trading Blocks.  We hope you've been enjoying all the different ways these blocks can be decorated.

 Hi all, it's Dianna here, and these are Gina's Designs Artist Trading Blocks. I went for a Steampunk Style. The bottom block is distressed corrugated paper torn to expose Gina's Designs gears painted in gold and bronze then inked with Tim Holtz's distress inks.


I fell in love with The Butterfly of Gears and had to use it on the front.  The second block is distressed paper with gears that turn on brads.




The top block is a permanent clock but the other sides are held with magnets so that the top block can change with the seasons, literally.



I used Gina's Designs Spooky Shape Set and Spiderweb Shape Set.






Items Used
Gina's Designs

Butterfly of Gears
Cardstock Doily Set Steampunk
Clock Hands Shape Set
Steampunk 2 Shape Set
Steampunk Shape Set
 Sketelon Clocks
Spooky Shape Set
Spiderweb Shape Set



Tim Holtz
Distress Ink
Stormy Sky
Black Soot
Vintage Photo
Tea Dye


Next up is Donna with a 12 x 12 Layout called "Believe".


Hello friends! Today I am sharing a layout created for Gina's Designs, which is very close to my heart.

I used two of the stackable labels to make a cross, using gold tinsel embossing powder. I added one of the white cardstock doilies, under the round sentiment, and placed it on top of the cross with a few pop dots.  I then placed a crocheted doily underneath the cross. 


I have been saving the gorgeous chipboard wings for something special! I embossed the wings with a pearl like embossing power called Angels Dust Ruby. I tried to capture some of the beautiful colors and shimmer from the embossing powder in this photo.


I used dry fine star dust glitter for the word Believe.

Gina's Designs Products


Other Products

Kaisercraft BeaYOUtiful cardstock collection
Prima resin angels
Prima photo frames
Prima Valentine red vine
Angel Wings Ruby embossing powder
Gold Tinsel embossing powder
Stardust dry fine glitter
White chalk ink
Pearls
White doily from Etsy

Thank you so much for stopping by Gina's today. Don't forget to make time to create something beautiful!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...