Friday, January 24, 2014

House Shrine Box By Kim

Hi Everyone, Kim Here.  I hope you have had a wonderful January so far! Today I am sharing the House Shrine Box available at Gina's Designs.  I really love how this box is so versatile and can be made into any style you'd like. I have chosen to use the Bo Bunny Avenues Collection as my inspirational starting point. On the right front, I have added one of our new chipboard shapes from the Catweed Set.  I have embossed it with the Shabby white powder and then added some more flowers from my stash to create dimension.

 On the inside I created the look of a "door" using a cut out from the paper line and one of the door plates available at Gina's Designs in the Door Sets.  I have also added a lamp post from the Lamp Post Set and embossed it with weathered wood. I added some flowers and also cut out some of the shutters from the paper line to add to the sides.

 In the photo below, you can see the roof where I've used distress paints in the weathered wood colour. The metal piece is a box corner which I embossed in a shabby white colour.
  
 Another fun embellishment I used was this light bulb which I got from my husband's workshop. I wanted it to look like a porch light, and I am pleased with the effect it created.

 At the top I have used one of the small Cottage Windows, which I also embossed.  I've added a Tim Holtz Number plate to complete the look.


I hope you like my project and thank you so much for stopping by today!
For more information about this project please visit my Blog

Gina's Designs Items Used in this Project

Other Items Used:
Tim Holtz Number Plate
Ranger Embossing Powders Weathered Wood
Distress Paints in Picket Fence and Weathered Wood
Stampendous Embossing Powder Shabby White
Prima Resin Column
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Flowers from Petaloo
Chinese Braid from Craftsupplies1
Bo Bunny Avenues Paper




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...